Mittwoch, 10. September 2014

Review: Revlon ColorStay Foundation

 I have been testing out the Revlon Colorstay foundation now for almost 2 years and wanted to give you a quick review on this product.

This foundation is designed for combination to oily skin. It claims ot be longwearing, lightweight, non greasy and won't rub off, cake or fade. 



I have to say that I am in a love-hate relationship with this product. It is my favourit foundation on some days and on others it drives me crazy.

Pros:
  • full coverage
  • nice finsih
  • very blendable
  • cheap
  • good color selection 
  • stays non greasy for a long time
Cons:
  • rubs off in very oily places
  • settles into fine lines 
  • cakes on spots  
  • oxidizes a bit
 If you dont have super super oily skin and not that many spots you will love this foundation. But I for myself am not blessed with such skin. Around the eye area the foundation rubs off really weirdly after about 2 hours. You can see a very obvious line and sometimes you find foundation patches all around your face. The most problematic area to apply this foundation for me is the chin. It sattles into lines, cakes on spots that I almost only have them there. My face looks really nice with this foundation on except of my chin. I look like a doll with a very caky chin.

Conclusion:
On good skin days this foundation is gorgeous. So if you have a bit oily skin without a lot of spots and you want a flawless foundation which stays on for a long time you will love it. 
 Left side with foundation/ Right side without


                             Without foundation                                            With foundation
 complete face done


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen